21 Nov Italian-style Sauté Végétal
Posted at 14:01h in Non classé
10 - 30 mins
Sauté Végétal 1 kg
Shallots 250 g
Carrots 250 g
Curly-leaf parsley 80 g
White wine 400 g
Tomato sauce 800 g
Salt & pepper
- Peel and mince the shallots.
- Peel and brunoise the carrots.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Sweat the shallots in olive oil in a frying pan for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and sweat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour over the white wine and let it reduce by half.
- Add the tomato sauce and the Sauté Végétal. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Check the seasoning.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving accompanied with rice or tagliatelle.
Adding just a dash of sugar will reduce the acidity of the tomato sauce.